Moderators can we

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Moderators can we please have a section for Classic Speakers to discuss history, restoration, mods, etc. with (just to get started) sub sections for:

Altec
AR
Advent
B&W
B&O
Bose
Bozak
Dahlquist
Dynaco
ELAC
Electrovoice
EPI
Genesis
Goodmans
IMF
Infinity
Janszen
JBL
KEF
KLH
LS3/5a
Magneplanar
Ohm
Rice-Kellogg
Spica
Stromberg Carlson
Tannoy
Thiel
Quad
Vandersteen

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Why a separate section, especially with so many sub categories?
You can discuss all of that in the general forums, and we don't like to split things up too much because then there is less cross polination of ideas.

Rice-Kellogg, isn't that a breakfast cereal? :)

:edit: Well the boss got here first, and his word is law, so we will look into it...:)

Well, it's a matter of traffic versus limited programming resources. Looking through the archives, there are lots of discussions about these veterans, but not the sort of broad and continuous discussion that falls under, say, "subwoofers." I think you can use the Search feature to do what you want (that's how I researched past threads on a couple of the ones you mentioned).

Re: Re: Moderators can we

AudioFreak said:

I can tell you outright that this won't be happening in the near future. Please just use the main loudspeaker forum.

At least not as is outlined in this thread.

OK well thanks anyway for considering the suggestion. Just to clarify, the intent was more of a reference section where crossover schematics, T&S driver parameters, plans for cloning out of production designs and so on could be kept so I didn't expect it to detract from the main Loudspeaker section.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Moderators can we

PB2 said:
OK well thanks anyway for considering the suggestion. Just to clarify, the intent was more of a reference section where crossover schematics, T&S driver parameters, plans for cloning out of production designs and so on could be kept so I didn't expect it to detract from the main Loudspeaker section.

That is the kind of thing that is perfect for the Wiki...

I added a vintage section and added a couple appropriate links

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=vintagehifi

dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: Moderators can we

planet10 said:

That is the kind of thing that is perfect for the Wiki...

I added a vintage section and added a couple appropriate links

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=vintagehifi
dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the idea, seems the Wiki is good for reference material. I'll have to skim the Wiki manual at some point.

Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.