Usher 9950 vs XT25 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2005, 01:56 AM   #1
Fossil is offline Fossil  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Default Usher 9950 vs XT25

I have a pair of 17W75 which I mated with the XT25 some years back coz I could get hold of any of the Dynaudio tweeters.

Lately, I search around and found at Solen that the SS 9500 wld be the 1st choice substitute for the dynaudio tweeter.

As I understand the Usher 9950 is a close clone of the 9500, do u think it would be an improvement over the vifa XT25??

Has anyone mated the 17W75 with SS tweeters before?
Old 17th January 2005, 08:25 AM   #2
qubix is offline qubix  Poland
diyAudio Member

9950 is a way better than xt25. It does not have the nasty disortion around 2KHz... and is much easier to apply regarding the X-O. Lot's of reviews are out there of this speaker. Go and search ;D
Old 14th January 2007, 01:44 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I have to say that the Usher T9950 is not a clone of the Scan Speak tweeter....itīs one of the myths in DIY audio :-)

The T9950 have similarities but they are many Test / measurements in the net that show that the T9950 is a very good tweeter with slightly different response measurements.

The VIFA is a very "silky" and "soft" sounding tweeter which does not means that it is bad....it has detailed Highs and is very good. But I like the Scan Seapk and User tweeter sound more.....itīs more precise with a warmish sound...abd very detailled.

They are all very good tweeter and maybe you should visit a Speaker Shop in your region and "listen" to a Vifa tweeter and decide later.

Its fact....some people like "silky sound", some like "warm sounding" tweeter other like "analytical colder" sound and some of us like a "neutral detailed" tweeter.

There is no "best tweeter" out of the box.................try to catch the chance to listen to these tweeter before spending money. Itīs only a advice :-)

best regards

DVBjunky

Hide this!Advertise here!