Usher 9950 vs XT25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of 17W75 which I mated with the XT25 some years back coz I could get hold of any of the Dynaudio tweeters.

Lately, I search around and found at Solen that the SS 9500 wld be the 1st choice substitute for the dynaudio tweeter.

As I understand the Usher 9950 is a close clone of the 9500, do u think it would be an improvement over the vifa XT25??

Has anyone mated the 17W75 with SS tweeters before?

Hi,

I have to say that the Usher T9950 is not a clone of the Scan Speak tweeter....it´s one of the myths in DIY audio :)

The T9950 have similarities but they are many Test / measurements in the net that show that the T9950 is a very good tweeter with slightly different response measurements.

The VIFA is a very "silky" and "soft" sounding tweeter which does not means that it is bad....it has detailed Highs and is very good. But I like the Scan Seapk and User tweeter sound more.....it´s more precise with a warmish sound...abd very detailled.

They are all very good tweeter and maybe you should visit a Speaker Shop in your region and "listen" to a Vifa tweeter and decide later.

Its fact....some people like "silky sound", some like "warm sounding" tweeter other like "analytical colder" sound and some of us like a "neutral detailed" tweeter.

There is no "best tweeter" out of the box.................try to catch the chance to listen to these tweeter before spending money. It´s only a advice :)

best regards

DVBjunky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.