Vinyl Prices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mjr7531 said:
I know the PE wood simulated vinyl is about $14ish but are there any other sources thsat would be cheaper? I've only looked a little and haven't found much else. Thanks,
Matt
By the time you have found something cheaper than $14 you have spent more money in wasted time and energy. Think about it, even at minimum wage its only two hours plus! Remember - you get what you pay for too.

Re: Hey, what about wood?

tdemont said:
Over an mdf frame, or something like sonus faber does, how would I do that?

that takes a LONG time. on their cremona line and up its VERY time consuming... its very thin strips of wood that are bent and glued together. something like 35 pieces on their bigger ones... some of their highest end speakers take almost a year to dry and bend the wood (supposedly).

Re: Re: Vinyl Prices

markp said:

By the time you have found something cheaper than $14 you have spent more money in wasted time and energy. Think about it, even at minimum wage its only two hours plus! Remember - you get what you pay for too.

Problem, my job is near minimum wage. The problem is I'm trying to stockpile, the effort finding the cheap vinyl would be well worth my while. I'm trying to make speakers for myself and a few friends, but I really can't afford to spend half the project money on vinyl. I'm trying to streamline the building process and cut costs, I sense compromise... :/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.