need help with this crossover design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
Im currently building a pair of bookshelf 2ways using vifa p17 6.5 mid woofers matched with the vifa d25ag tweeter. The design im using is from John Krutke's website, however it seems he has taken off this project from his website.

Needless to say i have not a clue in regards to crossovers, so i took the design to a shop in melbourne that sells resistors and caps ect and showed the guy the schematics, so that he is able to help me choose the parts needed.When i showed him he looked at me weird and told me there is not enough information given in the schematics in order to choose the parts. I have attached the image of the schematics and i would be greatful if someone could tell me what other figures are needed in order for me to buy the right components. These speaker will be run off a 2 channel rotel amp with approx 20 rms going to each one.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you never want to use more than 20W RMS, you will need parts with a voltage rating of at least 25V.

Then try to get best precision in % if you can, if it's not too expensive.

For the capacitors, you'll want polyesther or something like that.

The inductors might be harder to find.

I don't know why he told you that you need more information, it's all there!

Good luck.

Having used both of these drivers together in a design a few years ago I can only offer the advise that you purchase a few different inductor values to experiment with (the inductor to the woofer that is). Just about every crossover I have seen has a fairly high value (2.2mh in this case) for the woofer's inductor.
You will do yourself a massive favour if you bought a few other values such as 1.8mh, 1.2mh. Even though you won't end up using them in this project, there will certainly be other opportunities to use them when you've caught the DIY bug.
As for the shop assitant's advise about the crossover schematic being incomplete.
I can only suggest that his/her knowledge is incomplete!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.