Tb W3-871s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have searched through the forums a little bit but am having trouble trying to find a Transmission Line box design for these. I will only be using one of these per TL. About 60w per in a fairly small room. I dont understand TL's that much...so a drawing with dimensions would REALLLLY help me out. Any help would be appreciated though. Thanks! (btw... I was referred here by Jim85IROC I think is his sn ;))

Will

Hi Will,
you could have a look at post 4 here.
That´s the design I´m using and am very happy with it.
See post 44 of the same thread for measurements and another picture.

I´m using it nearfield with my PC but also tried it in a room with a sub.
The latter works well enough in small rooms but is very SPL-limited with only one driver.
I personally get away without a sub at my desktop but that depends on taste really.

Mine will be :
Line length ===== 15.75"
area at top ===== 18.6 sq in
area at bottom ==18.6 sq in
port tube =======0.492" diameter, 1.18" length
driver position ===7.56" from top of line
port position ==== 14.76" from top of line

Can I get a drawing of the box with those dims on it? I dont get where the line length, area at top, and the area at bottom come in. I cant get a picture in my head of how that would look.

Will

You can actually see the little pipe in post 15.
Area at top means the cross-section-area (you´ll see the shortcut CSA here quite often) so (wide*deep).

In my case the original designs was 40cm high, 12cm wide and 10cm deep. That´d be 15,75*4,72*3,94in^3.(inner measures!!)

Please keep in mind that this was my first-time-DIY and that the measures are not 100% optimized.

Hi Will,
hope you read the rest of the thread as well as I just realize you might have overlooked the error in post4.
0.492in is the radius of the port, not the diameter.
See attached pic in post48.

BTW: Even for a small room and low SPL I´d consider a design like the ELF1.5 much more than this pipe which is perfect for nearfield.
But that´s only my opinion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.