diyAudio (
-   Multi-Way (
-   -   Wich sim sofware are you using? (

reguinereg 11th January 2005 03:40 AM

Wich sim sofware are you using?
I am working on my first loudspeaker. A simple 2way design with a siver flute woofer and an illusion audio tweeter. I am trying to find a good simulation software to design the crossover network and the box.

I have already tried winISD, wich look good for box design but not for the crosover part, and it is impossoble the simulate the entire systeme (tweeter+woofer+box+crossover).

So, I just want to know wich software you prefer and why.

wintermute 12th January 2005 10:40 AM

for the box I use unibox. which is an excell spreadheet. see here

I havent started on the crossover yet but I saw the other day that one of our forum members (f4ier) has a nice looking one (haven't yet tried it)....

Both of these can be found on the FRD consortium site, you may want to check it out.

To get the most out of either of these you should really measure the drivers, for which I would recommend speaker workshop.... and also the speaker workshop manual!!!

even though the manual may seem long, make sure you follow the setup and callibration, if you don't you will likely have a bad experience, and get unpredictable results.