crossover software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most of these crossover design software that I am seeing require a testing microphone to measure the speaker to design the crossover.I was wondering if there is a program that will design a crossover based on the T/S parameters of the speakers. I understand that by actually measuring the speaker you can more accurately design the crossover, but I am on a limited budget and supplies. I need it to to be capable of designing a crossover for a 3-way loudspeaker also. Preferably it would be nice if the program was free too. Thanks...

T/S parameters only define the low frequency behavior of the driver (typically below 400Hz or so).

Speaker Workshop is your best bet for freeware. If you aren't willing to put in the effort or expense to do it right, then try a simple program like the DOS program Flexsys, by a man with the last name White.. His program is a bit better than cookbook formulas, but not much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.