MarkMcK's TB 1052sa Mod #2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was this ever released to the public?

I have a couple of these drivers coming today and had planned all along to do the mod when I got them, but upon closer review I saw that he never said what the "nonreversible" cone modification was to go with the filter design he posted:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...4030&perpage=10&highlight=1052sa&pagenumber=9

Does anyone have an idea what this mod is? The results look great, much better than the glue ring mod...

The 1052 mod two has never been released. There is only one person (outside my circle of friends) who has done the modification.

I would not be surprised to discover that no one from this forum has done the glue mod. More the pity. Jump over to the full-range forum and look at my test result posts of the 30 to 37 dollar Fostex FE103E, FE126E, and FE127E.

Even the one odd performing glue modification 1052 just outperforms the Foxtex drivers that cost nearly twice as much. And the glue modification could not be simpler.

Best,

Mark

MarkMcK said:

I would not be surprised to discover that no one from this forum has done the glue mod. More the pity.

Best,

Mark

Mark,

I have begun the mod on a pair of W4-656S. I have removed the dust caps and installed solid lathe turned and polished aluminum bullets. Only thing to do now is to put your glue beads on the poly cone and possibly the series network idea.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.