noob two-way budget project!! help please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys, im new to this forum as of about 2 weeks ago. ive been doin car audio for about 3 years now so im not a complete noob i just need some guidence on my first home audio project.

from what ive read, i would really like to biuld a transmission line but i dont think i understand them enough quite yet. what i do know is bass reflex enclosures. so i wanted to build a floorstanding, two-way, which most importantly is very budget concious...we're talkin like 100$ total for all the drivers.

as of now my plan is now is to use dayton rs180's and dayton dc tweeters. and i know how to do crossovers so thats not a problem. here's where i need some help... im not sure how much air space to give the drivers or what frequency exactly to tune the enclosure to. i was thinking around 1-2 ft^2 and tuned around 35-40hz with a 3" diameter port.

i would appreciate any help with this project. im not expecting to be blown away by how these speakers sound due to my stingy budget. so please help guide me on my first project thanks guys!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.