Can someone punch these numbers into a good enclosure program for me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If I am putting the 2x3 Tang Band full range driver with these parameters:

Fs: 150 Hz *SPL: 88 dB 2.83V/1m *Vas: .03 cu. ft. *Qms: 7.29 *Qes: .54 *Qts: .50

Into a tiny little enclosure with these dimentions:

3 1/4" H
2 1/16" W
3 3/8 D

Is there a recommendation for a little port I can put on the back of the enclosure or something to release a little pressure? I know this isn't the ideal enclosure by any means, but bear with me. They seem to be making a voice-coil related buzzing noise at higher volume levels even when they are not moving too much, and it seems to me that the small enclosure might be causing pressure on the back of the cone. My other thought is that the little bit of stuffing I put in might be creeping back out of the enclosure and touching the back of the cone, but it seems unlikely that it would be doing that on 3 of them.

Let me know what you think.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Well, here is the response plot for one Tangband 2 X 3 inch drivers in the box you described-0.15 cu ft.

Basically, the response looks fine. And the driver is in a box half it's VAS-I would not think back pressure is the problem. The final Qtc of this drivr in that box is a normal 0.87.

You might try crossing over a little higher than 150 Hz, though.

Actually, this graph is only slightly off-I modelled 0.015 cu ft, instead of 0.013 cu ft, which is what your enclosure is. Very little difference, however.

Attachments

• tangband 2 x 3 full range.gif
    tangband 2 x 3 full range.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 122
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.