Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2004, 12:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Question of space.

Hello and Happy New Year!

While I'm still working out alignment for my up coming MTM TQWT I thought (after reading Zaph's review of fullrange drivers) I though I might undertake a simple and inexpensive project. That being -

To modify my cheapo Logitech 2.1 pc speakers by replacing the small sats with new ones using the Hi-Vi Research B3N 3" (round flange) driver, the "sub" might by modified at a later time.

I was looking a the dimentions of the frame and it appears it would mount nicely in 3" (ID) PVC pine. Which I plan to cut some where between 50 to 45 degrees (the angle cut would be the base - of course) and mount on an oval shaped base so as to house the volume knob, power switch, etc.

My question is this - there won't be more than 1/4 ~ 3/8" of space between the magnet housing and the PVC. Will that pose any problems? They probably won't go to much below 150Hz if that deep.

Sould be easy to make, and cheap. Maybe $40 all together - and that's because I already have the most expensive part... the PVC!

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b3n.jpg (14.4 KB, 52 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!