Which gauge wire to go with for my line arrays?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Almost time to start wiring up the line arrays and I still haven't purchased any wire. These speakers house 10 Dayton RS 5" woofers and a single Fountek JP-2.0 ribbon tweeter. The woofers will be wired in four sets, (3,2,Tweeter,2,3) so there will be four sets of + and - going to the woofer binding post. Do you think 16 gauge will do the trick? The runs will be 6 feet at the longest so I can't see why not. Here's what I was going to use:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&&DID=7&CATID=56&ObjectGroup_ID=475

Thanks!

Sixteen guage should be plenty. My only recommendation is to another color in addition to traditional red & black. That might be used at the terminus of your series runs to parallel connection. That has helped my weak mind.

In my case, I addopted that method after wiring up a tweeter array at 32 ohms. All those wires start looking the same after a while.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.