T/S Parametres after remowed dustcap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Had a pair of Macrom/Morel Integra 4" coaxials with bad woofers.

Bougth a pair of Macrom/Morel 58.10 midranges wich arriwed with ruined dustcaps.

Cut off the dustcaps and glued on the tweeters from the Integras.
The speakers sounds good, but it seems like they no longer are usable for IB mounting unless they are x overed at 200+ hz.

My impression are that their RF are a bit higher due too less moving weigth, do this also mean that the QM and QT has got lower?

Are there also other important parametres who migth have changed due too this mood?

Attachments

• 58101.jpg
    58101.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 160
The little massloss won't lower the fs a lot, (remember that to half the fs you need to quadruple the mass! and visa versa ofcourse)

The Qts may be a tiny bit lower, also the Rms will be a bit lower due to lower mechanical losses. I doubt the latter because the Morels allready have a big vent in the lower poleplate.

bombardon73 said:
The little massloss won't lower the fs a lot, (remember that to half the fs you need to quadruple the mass! and visa versa ofcourse)

The Qts may be a tiny bit lower, also the Rms will be a bit lower due to lower mechanical losses. I doubt the latter because the Morels allready have a big vent in the lower poleplate.

The tweeter are glued directly on the woofers magnet and uses the cavity within this magnet as a small sealed chamber dampened with cotton whool.
The foam piece orginally used too dampen the woofer cones movement are now replaced with a plastic plug with a small cutout for the tweeter lead. sealing off the vent

The original Integras used the magnet cavity the same way.

Ps as for cooling. I dont this will be a greater problem on these than the orginal integra wich handled 50 WRMS full range and 80 Wrms as a satelite

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.