Selected High End Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,
I am new in this forum and is my first question here :cannotbe:

I am search very long time around high end speakers mid-woofer and tweeter with high value and my driver list is:

Woofers:
Aurum Cantus AC-130MK2 or AC-165 (same in Volla model).
Seas Excel W15CY or W18E.
AudioTechnology H15 or H18.

Tweeters:
Morel MDT33.
Seas Excel Excel Millennium.
Aurum Cantus G2.
Hiquphon OWI, OWII, OWIII.

Is very important to me.

Thank you very much for your help. :smash:

wunhuanglo said:
The Aurum Cantus G2s kept "bottoming out" on me - I replaced them with the Seas Millenium and have been very satisfied.

Thanks for your answer,
The price of Seas Millenium have more close to Aurum Cantus G2. the G2 is much better (I think).

Why you not have satisfied with Aurum Cantus G2si in sound quality?

Thank you.

Btw, sorry for my Einglish.

rick57 said:
wunhuanglo

Can't recall the AC numbering, but the min XOs are, from 'big' > 'small': 1.2 kHz, 2.4 kHz & 2.8 kHz.
All 4th order.

What XO & slope?

Hi,
I know that AC series is not very "flat", Aurum Cantus recommend and use with Three order crossover for the woofer and the tweeter.

Seas Excel not flat too, the breakup is very difficult for control and is much difficult from all Aurum Cantus AC line.

The most flat woofer with the best breakup are AudioTechnology. I know is the best mid-woofer in my list but is the most expensive here (around 2 time) :eek: . First order filter in not problem with AudioTechnology.

Anyone have experience with HIQUPHON tweeter?

And anyone know where I can find the FTT 75 Sealed Ribbon Tweeter http://www.soundline.nl/frontend/main/Audiotechnolody/Ribbon Tweeter.htm ?

Thank to all

wunhuanglo said:

3.2K @ 24 dB/Oct

Sorry, maybe because of the difference in language I don't understand your question in clear.

If you ask me what the crossover slope that I want to use, the ideal is series first order crossover with Zobel network.
Maximum have second order in parallel crossover.

Please let me know if you mean to this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.