The Onkyo buyout tweeter from PE (ferrofluid)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got some of the onkyo tweeters and NSB woofers from another member on this forum, and was wodering if anyone has done any mods.

The mods to the Pioneer woofer are documented fairly well (coat of glue, dampen basket, remove dustcap, add phase plug, etc.). But dont you lose some mass when removing the dustcap? Adding the one coat of glue didnt seem to make up for the lost mass.

Anyway the question I really want to ask is about the Onkyo tweeter (http://tinyurl.com/5elac). Ive removed the phase shield, but has anyone tried removing the ferrofluid?

How much of a difference would it make? and how much would the response change, if any?

Dont want to change it too much as the response without phase shield looks alright to me, other than the few small peaks. btw Im not too worried if I lose some power handling by taking out the fluid, if it improves sound quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.