T/S parameters Vifa? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2004, 08:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default T/S parameters Vifa?

Can anyone out there help me with the Thiele/Small parameters for a Vifa 10 inch M26WO-06-04.I have just blown one of the subs in my Martin Logan SL3.I need the parameters to look for an alternative basselement because the original is rediculus expensive.
/ Sven-Åke
Old 16th December 2004, 11:00 PM   #2
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Best would be to measure the remainng woofer, then replace both with something that works.
Old 17th December 2004, 08:51 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Best would be to measure the remainng woofer, then replace both with something that works.
Thank`s for the answer. I had that in mind too and probably it`s the best thing to do and it also gives you the exact parametrs for the specific woofer.The manufacture doesn`t always give you the true numbers.The thing is i have to send the woofer away by mail and that is a little tricky in Sweden,you can end up with a destroyed woofer.
/sven-åke
Old 17th December 2004, 08:51 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Another thing that i shuold mention,i had a 10-inch woofer MGR -20 -40 a really cheap woofer lying in the closet not even right impedance (6ohm) that i put in the hole in my SL3.I`m trying the balance right and left and can`t hear any difference in sound on the speakers,think it`s a little strange.Or is it so that it doesn`t matter on these low frequencies (250hz and down).Not even the crossover will work right with wrong impedance ,and still it sounds pretty good.
Old 17th December 2004, 03:04 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sven-ake
Thank`s for the answer. I had that in mind too and probably it`s the best thing to do and it also gives you the exact parametrs for the specific woofer.The manufacture doesn`t always give you the true numbers.The thing is i have to send the woofer away by mail and that is a little tricky in Sweden,you can end up with a destroyed woofer.
/sven-åke
The parameters don't have to be exactly the same in the replacement, but it would b best if the impedance and sensitivity were close, and the in box F3 was close - you can let Qtc (assuming sealed box) slide a bit either way... Depending on how you blew the woofer, you might want to look for one with more powerhandling or more excursion....
Old 17th December 2004, 03:17 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi, Why don't you look up SOLEN's website. There you might find your particular Vifa driver.

http://www.solen.ca/
Old 17th December 2004, 03:19 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

The parameters don't have to be exactly the same in the replacement, but it would b best if the impedance and sensitivity were close, and the in box F3 was close - you can let Qtc (assuming sealed box) slide a bit either way... Depending on how you blew the woofer, you might want to look for one with more powerhandling or more excursion....
I used an digital amplifier a DIY from www.lcaudio.dk something happened with the right channel so i burned the amplifier as well.Luckely the warranty on the amplifier covers at least the right modul in the amp.Thank God i was bi-amping otherwise the electronic and the panel in the SL3 had burned to.
Old 17th December 2004, 03:25 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Anyone by the way knows if the sensitivity on a loudspeaker is 89db does that mean all of the elements are 89db`s after the crossover?Before the crossover it can be more than 89db?
Old 17th December 2004, 09:10 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sven-ake
Anyone by the way knows if the sensitivity on a loudspeaker is 89db does that mean all of the elements are 89db`s after the crossover?Before the crossover it can be more than 89db?

Perhaps, perhaps not. The Mfg spec of the finished speakers or individual woofers could be off by 3 or more dB depending on how they define it. That is why it is best to measure the original woofer parameters and match the DC impedance and derived (calculated) sensitivities of the originals to get the best match.
Old 18th December 2004, 02:06 AM   #10
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

I've seen listed something called a Vifa M26WR-19-04.

Are you certain that is not it?

Hide this!Advertise here!