Tweeter Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a project with a 8" Kevlar woofer from MCM, Part Number 55-1590 (92db/W/m) and I wish to use a soft dome tweeter with it. The crossover point will be 2400 Hz 4th order, if it was still availible I would use the Peerless KO10DT. This tweeter images as well as any tweeter I have ever heard. Back in the late 70's I worked in a Hi Fi shop that carried Klipsh, Bose, Advent, Genesis, Ohm, Allison and Cizek. The Cizeks had better imaging than any of the others and used the Peerless KO10DT along with a high order crossover. Since then I have built many pais of speakers and the best one always had this tweeter, unfortunately it is no longer availible. Is there someone out there who is familiar with this tweeter and can recomend a possible replacement that is equivelent or better, with regards to imaging and natural sounding? Peerless does have a model 812687 which looks like it could be a round faceplate version of this tweeter. I would really value the opinion of a person who has heard the KO10DT and has found a suitable substitute.

The MDT33 is one of the best out there, others are considered to be better but the morel can hold its own. The supreme is supposed to be better. The seas 27TFFC is the one to go for if you want to go the seas route. The newer 27TDFC et all are also meant to be good.

I have a few drivers to use up before I purchase any more but the seas ones are on the list as is the XT25 from vifa.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.