Boundary element analysis software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewJ said:
Thanks Zaph for the quick reply, but the soundeasy software is FEM not BEM, and is configured for room acoustics. I am looking for BEM to model drivers on baffles.

Any other suggestions?

Andrew

Oh, when you said boundary, I assumed you meant in-room. If it's baffle diffraction sims you're looking for, look no further than Wintermute's suggestions. I use Paul V's sim now and then, it's nice. Mainly, I like how it handles rounded over edges.

Actually, Soundeasy does it too. Chapter 4, section 4.11. But it's really just a minor part of the package. It allows an infinite baffle measurement to be modeled in various enclosures in advance of actually picking and building and enclosure. If a baffle diffraction sim is all you need, go for one of the free ones.

Thanks again for the replies, but none of these programs are based on boundary element analysis (except for the room calculations in Soundeasy). They all use ray tracing and the image method to calculate diffraction.
I am looking for true BEM analysis software so I can model the effect of cones and domes on baffles, and model for example the effect that cone depth has on response.

Thanks

Andrew

AndrewJ said:
Thanks again for the replies, but none of these programs are based on boundary element analysis (except for the room calculations in Soundeasy). They all use ray tracing and the image method to calculate diffraction.
I am looking for true BEM analysis software so I can model the effect of cones and domes on baffles, and model for example the effect that cone depth has on response.

Do a search for free mechanical engineering software. I thought I saw a couple demo packages that might do BEM.

If you look at Art Ludwig's soundpage, he solves the equations for sound sources on a cone shaped radiator and the radiatoin pattern didn't change much except in the near field IIRC - although that analysis didn't account for cone flexure, etc....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.