80k of fuzzy box pictures - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2004, 04:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 80k of fuzzy box pictures

Click the image to open in full size.

These are some boxes that were designed to hide two pair of RS speakers, one Minimus 7 pair and one AV-44 pair reported and restuffed. Hence the two sets of connectors. The port you see in the last picture is just an opening to the inside of the box so the port from the AV-44 can breathe. The original ports were 1/2" DIA and chuffed badly so I made the new ports 1" DIA . Asa result they ended up quite long and sticking out the back of the AV-44 boxes by about 5" so I wanted to hide them. I ended up only putting the AV-44s in as the Minimus 7s have seen their day and have a rattle. But the way I re-ported the Av-44s they now have a much tighter bass and play a lot louder. They do not sound as airy but a resonance in the bass is gone too which is good. I supplement the bass with an old passive isobaric (I think) Mission sub I found at a Pawn shop. I gave the wholesetup to my sister. The veneer is a very expensive fake (real wood pulped up,dried, and sliced) that I got out of the trash at an old job. I only had small pieces so I butted them together and ran the tablesaw through about 1/8" deep to create the reveal lines. Makes them look modernist I think. Clear waterborne lacquer finish.
Old 14th December 2004, 05:47 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Why do I think there are no images here?
Old 14th December 2004, 03:48 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Wink I see my pictures

They are linked from Photobucket. Can anyone else see them? Does anyone care whether they see them?
Old 14th December 2004, 04:05 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

There is nothing between the image tags. Why do I think the image tags should not be visible anyway?
Old 14th December 2004, 04:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

The images appeared fine for me. Nice looking project.
On April 01,2012, my radioastronomy Project TARGET SETI search succeeded. The signal came via extradimensional subspace, not radio waves. I now get a lot of 'visitors'. I took my avatar pic of one friend watching me in my work yard from just 20 ft. away.
Old 14th December 2004, 05:13 PM   #6
dvdwmth is offline dvdwmth  Canada
diyAudio Member

looks nice.
Old 16th December 2004, 09:34 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Unhappy I can no longer see my pictures either..

Do links to sites like Photobucket stop working once the post is on a non-current page? I would like to know for the future. Is there a better way to include pictures? Can I edit my original post and modify to this way or is it too old? Thanks anyone. I have not posted for quite awhile although I was a lot more active 2-3 years ago.

Hide this!Advertise here!