Orion's begin !!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I started building my Linkwitz Orion speakers. If you have been wondering if this speaker is as easy to build as it looks........yes it is.

Steve

P0001575.jpg

P0001581.jpg

Mr. Linkwitz now calls for the use of double sided tape to hold the mid and tweet dress panel to the main mounting board. The entire back surface of the dress panel is to be covered in the tape and then applied to the main structure.

The side pieces will be made of 3/4" Red Oak plywood. I'm now making the model side panel from 1/4" massonite and then I'll use that for the pattern for all 4 side pieces. The 4 side pieces will be cut with a router using the 1/4" massonite patern as a guide.

The construction papers that come with the Orion plans have measurements for these side panels and now there are paterns on the internet that can be printed. Well that is where the fun is beginning. The printed pattern seems to differ a little from the actual measurements. I think my printer is schrinking the pattern some.

I will get more pics up as soon as I purchase a new digital camera. I was taking more pic this afternoon and I droped my camera and busted it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve:bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.