anybody have experience with the 2 way rotel rl 870 speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D hi there all you hi-fi aficandos, to my shame I must admit I know very little of these speakers I can recall reviews of them in the british press back in the 70's paying scant attention at the time to them, the reason I am trying to pick your brains is in a casual conversation with my godson it transpires he has a pair one of which has blown up for the second time [ according to the gist of what he told me, it sounds as if it has more to do with the amp being off song :smash: I suspect which will be checked out in due course by a tech friend of mine and having volunteered my services to check out and repair the offending speaker imagine my surprise discovering upon examination of the good one the mix of ingredients that made them up originally btw I should mention these speakers were made for rotel in denmark and sports a 20mm scanspeak d2008 tweeter and an 8 "treated paper cone bass mid sourced from an unknown uk manufacturer the x/over is a simple first order low pass and second order high pass to the tweeter two air cored inductors a bp electro cap in the high pass and an attenuating res to bring the level down to match the bass mid, if anyone could enlighten me on the origins of the bass mid I would be gratefull as a hint to my eyes the bass mid bears a strong resemblance to the driver manufactured by mordaunt short and used in their pageant model dating from the 70's though that version was more heavily doped than the one used in the rotel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.