Response 6.5" woofer from Jaycar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanting opinions on this woofer. I'm looking at building my first loudspeakers, and something simple and cheap is what i'm after. These are like 1/2 the price of the popular Vifa woofers (unless you can give me a better place to buy Vifa woofers from here in Australia) and was wondering if anyone has used these before. Jaycar says they go well in a 10L sealed enclosure, so that makes it simple.

Link to Jaycar - link

Looking at using a Vifa D27TG tweeter with it.

I would discourage any project based on Response drivers because I do not believe they are very good quality. But since this is your first project (and I having never done a loudspeaker project before) would encourage to buy the tweeter from Jaycar as well.

Jaycar sell a hifi tweeter also made by response, i just looked it up for $22 per driver. click here for driver info

Remember you also have to invest in a 2-way crossover. You could buy one ready-made from Jaycar or design it yourself and build it (if you want to get into the electronics). Once you have decided which driver you will use for the tweeter message back on the forum if you need help working out dimensions and such.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.