What these speakers need?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys..I bought pure acoustics Qx 900 speaker package recently.. i was wondering what type and how powerful amplifier i need for this..the following are the specification of my speakers:

2 x 300 watt rms Tower speakers
2 x 150 watt rms Rear Surround speakers
1 x 150 watt rms Centre speaker
89db sensitivity (towers)
Piano gloss front panels
Magnetically shielded centre channel
Timbre matched drivers and tweeters on all speakers
Key hole mounting blocks fitted to rears for easy wall mounting
Soft dome tweeters
Dovetail joint cabinetry
Bass reflex ported box design
Gold banana binding posts on all speakers
Advanced cone materials ensure smooth uniform response
All speakers supplied with removable black cloth grills

All I can say is I wonder what they sound like, doesnt look like much to me. Anyway thats not the point.

As amplifiers go you should have quality rather then quantity. A good 80 wpc will produce much better results then a cheap 200watt. Unless the speakers are current hungry, but aslong as the sensativity is OK, and the amplifier can deliver good watts into 4 ohms you should be OK.

However you are considering a home cinema thingymabob I would imagine, I wouldnt bothering paying more then about $500 for one, those speakers are not really worth any more then the budget arena.

I see that you're down-under...

Australia Audio Products Group PTY Ltd
Unit 6, 61-67 O'Riordan Street
Alexandria
New South Wales 2015
Tel: + (61) 2 9578 0122
Fax: + (61) 2 9578 0140

http://www.audioproducts.com.au

It's goin' to appear that i work for NAD or somethin'... but i don't. Just like thier products.
High current with good headroom.
my 304 integrated amp is 35W but can supply 140W peaks (6dB headroom). I love my little amp. Yes I do!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.