beyma MC-115

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Also looking for sb. opinion.
Incredibly low harmonic distortion 0,4 - 0,1 % (in fact I cannot believe - it is nearly Excel driver) for 30€. Misfortunately, time response in the spec sheet shows a lot of stored energy (which burst signal was used?) vs. State of EXCELENT transient characteristic.

Perfectly fits for my 1250 - 3800 hz purpose, under Seas T25-001. But Ï am scared that MC 115 is 2nd league.

This driver is in 1st league!

I am now testing a new diy project using a pair of MC115's with amazing results:

(Crossed over at 1000Hz and 4500Hz 2nd order)

- Very good linearity, one of the best I've seen (heard and measured).
- Amazing dispersion. Beats many loudspeakers over $5K. No matter your listening position, you'll still get a 3D image.
- The voices are damn real and natural. Piano is in the living room!

On the down side, resolution and articulation could be better.

In many aspects it's close to the famous ATC midrange unit.
The price of the MC-115 is ridiculously low.

Notes on system: Wiring (internal and external) is top grade silver, except some copper/gold connectors from WBT. Amplifier (dedicated to tweeter and midrange only) is a Pass Aleph 3. Source is SONY SCD-XA777ES. External passive crossover components 5% tolerance. No solder used in any connection.

With a different setup, results may be different.

Thanks for your opinion. It is according to specs sheet - not common. In Czech is Beyma very spread thanks to distributor but I could not find anyone who used this driver. Everyone uses 5MP60 and few 5M30 for mids.
Hope, because of high quality of the other componets, that the downsides you wrote was made from very critical point of wiew. MC115 could be a "crucial" driver in my prepapred active 3-way. I am making decision between Beyma MC115 or 5", Seas MT or MP 14 or small Seas woofer, and Monacor SPH 135.
I do not want to be unpolite - any other recommendation?

This driver is in 1st league!

I am now testing a new diy project using a pair of MC115's with amazing results:

(Crossed over at 1000Hz and 4500Hz 2nd order)

- Very good linearity, one of the best I've seen (heard and measured).
- Amazing dispersion. Beats many loudspeakers over $5K. No matter your listening position, you'll still get a 3D image.
- The voices are damn real and natural. Piano is in the living room!

On the down side, resolution and articulation could be better.

In many aspects it's close to the famous ATC midrange unit.
The price of the MC-115 is ridiculously low.

Notes on system: Wiring (internal and external) is top grade silver, except some copper/gold connectors from WBT. Amplifier (dedicated to tweeter and midrange only) is a Pass Aleph 3. Source is SONY SCD-XA777ES. External passive crossover components 5% tolerance. No solder used in any connection.

With a different setup, results may be different.

No solder used in any connection?
How does one do that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.