DJ / Party Speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2004, 06:59 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DJ / Party Speakers

i am looking into building speakers for DJ / PA use. I know a reasonable amount about PA systems and speaker building. I would like the speakers to fit in a car / van. I am looking to build dj speakers that put off audiphile quality sound at loud volumes. I have yet to find a speaker that does that for sale. I would like the speakers to be 4 - 8 ohms. Ime looking for something that can hande the highs, mids, and lows, without having to lug around a sub. Another main consideration is efficencey. Most PA speakers are efficient but i would like mine to be very efficient becaues the less power i have to pump in the better. Any ideas / design tips / plans please post.
Old 30th November 2004, 08:23 AM   #2
synergy is offline synergy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

check out the X15 on speakerplans.com - http://www.speakerplans.com/page222.html

it'll go down low enough to be used on its own well enough but to be perfectly honest you are never going to get gut churning bass from anything but a stack of subs

the neo magnets in the P.Audio drivers means they're fairly easy to move about and by all accounts they sound pretty good as well

http://www.proaudioparts.co.uk/ carries the crossover as well

hope that helps
dave

Hide this!Advertise here!