Speaker Workshop do all this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Speaker Workshop has some limitations compared to SoundEasy but it is just as accurate according to several (including, I believe, John Kreskovsky). I don't believe that any of the limitations are likely to interfere with your ability to build an outstanding speaker system; it is more in the area of measurements of distortion. Along with the help and contributions of several folks, I have put together a manual to assist with the learning curve portion. There are several spreadsheets and informationals in it to ease the learning curve as well. It can be downloaded at www.audiodiycentral.com (the Manual is currently version 1.0).

Hope you try it and hope it helps,

Jay

Hi Jay

I had a squiz at the SW manual, and with that looking quite comprehensive, I probably should give it a go, subject to:

Can Speaker Workshop handle?
- Time alignment of drivers
- (As LspCad can I believe) XO optimisation (to a curve), and
- actually give XO component values?

Thanks

Researching XO design here, I read in an old post
“don't forget to account for baffle step when designing the crossover, or correct it at line level (much better)”

(I know what baffle step is)

What’s meant by line level – in a passive XO rather than an active XO)?

Thanks again

rick57 said:
Hi Jay

I had a squiz at the SW manual, and with that looking quite comprehensive, I probably should give it a go, subject to:

Can Speaker Workshop handle?
- Time alignment of drivers
- (As LspCad can I believe) XO optimisation (to a curve), and
- actually give XO component values?

Thanks

You should download it and give it a go yourself, thats what I did. Its free, you know.;)

Yes I know Speaker Workshop is free, which is great.

I’m also going through though major learning curves on the woodwork & electronics, and there is only so much time in the day . .
So I’d rather select the software up front, that will do *everything* needed, and just learn that one package.

If SW doesn’t/ does not do those three things above, I’d like to know before I start . . .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.