Anyone know about these??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had 2 sets of drivers from a friend. I hope some of you guys and Ladies (if any) can tell something about them.
2 tweeters 19mm it says on the label: Rega D2008/7203
made by Scanspeak. It also says Rega Ela.
2 Bassdrivers about 41/2" - 5" depending on where it is measured. It says on the label RR125 Rega.
Papercone with phaseplug.
I am not even sure they come from the same speakers.
So if anyone can tell if it 4 or 8 ohm's and what boxes they come from, well all information is welcomed.
I had these for soldering a chipamp for the guy!
Cheap I think, considering the small amount of solder that goes into that amp:)

Steen.

First a pic of both drivers.

Attachments

• regadrv.jpg
    regadrv.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 467
regarding REGA

REGA.

Roy Gandy of REGA Turntables fame also manufactures CD players and amplifiers and Loudspeakers.

He used Modified drive units hence REGA part no's on OEM drive units.

He hated x overs so set about designing loudspeakers where the voice coil resistance inductance etc could be used as an integral part of the x over. Hence the bespoke drive units.

I personally am not a fan of his speakers but they do have some merit and have been successful.

I hope this is of help.

regards David

Thanks for the replies.
He hated x overs so set about designing loudspeakers where the voice coil resistance inductance etc could be used as an integral part of the x over. Hence the bespoke drive units.
I suppose that means trouble, designing a crossover?
I thought of making some kind of "average" crossover, if I wasn't
able to get some data's on the units. But if this coil is meant to be part of the x-over, that approach would, I think shoot way past the target?? I will try and email Rega about this.

Steen.

Here is the result I achieved with these drivers:) I bumbed into a guy at work that made a simple crossover for the Rega drivers.
They sound quite well;) I just need to veneer them with Elmtree, as my diy Proac 2.95. (I used the Proac clones as speaker stands:D )

Steen.

Attachments

• rega_front.jpg
    rega_front.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 209
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.