My Seas based TL beauty

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my last project. I used Seas W171 EX-P mid/bass and Excel T 25 001 tweeter . This duo have veri fast , transparent and musical sound. The bass unit is installed in TL enclosure with some tweaks inside. The crossover lies in top enclosure behind a tweeter , and is 6db/okt design tuned on different crossover points (2000Hz for mid/bass and 4000Hz for tweeter) so they acousticaly supplement one another in this region. Components are of highest quality , Hovland caps, Dale power resistors, Tritec litz wire inductors.

Attachments

• moji-zvuènici-(samogradnja).jpg
    moji-zvuènici-(samogradnja).jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,108
m0tion said:
This is pretty impressive work. Can I ask how you got access to the CNC mill and paintbooth?
There was no CNC machine, only this milling machine (wery good one ) and my hands and patience. I let the professionals do the paint yob. There is six layers of Stainway piano lacquer , an last one is hand polished. It is yob of some three weeks.

Attachments

• detalj-zvuènika.jpg
    detalj-zvuènika.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 706
Come on people think about it. It's a simple square gridwork. All it would take is a farly simple jig and some patience for all the passes. And good planning.

CNC mills are great, but you can still do most anything they can with an old fashioned mill, or just a nice plunge router and some good jigs. And alot of time of course.

Great job btw Gasho, those things look impressive. And that finish is immaculate. How much did the finish job cost ya?

Dave, you said there would be other benefits besides taming tweet reflections from this interior, care to elaborate...?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
faithblinded said:
Dave, you said there would be other benefits besides taming tweet reflections from this interior, care to elaborate...?

Well, i doubt there is any output from the tweet inside the box :)

The irregular thickness of the panels will dramatically change the resonance character of the panels.. it should spread the Q of any such resonances making them harder to excite.

dave

Electronic part of system

Those are audio components that drive my loudspeakers. The CD player and AR preamp are modified by my hand. Rotel RCD990(rare), Audio research LS8 and Classe DR-8. Loudpeaker cables are Kimber 8TC. Any suggestions for better cables in Kimbers price range?

Attachments

• rotel-rcd990---audio-resear.jpg
    rotel-rcd990---audio-resear.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 273
Gasho said:
The crossover lies in top enclosure behind a tweeter , and is 6db/okt design tuned on different crossover points (2000Hz for mid/bass and 4000Hz for tweeter) so they acousticaly supplement one another in this region. Components are of highest quality , Hovland caps, Dale power resistors, Tritec litz wire inductors.

Your approach to crossover design is very good, it's also my way of thinking.

My god, where can diy go?
Gorgeous speakers.:nod:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.