why no seperate horn forums

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, it would be perhaps more useful than the high-efficiency section of AA.

Latest mutation of the workshop system:

Attachments

• frankenstein.jpg
    frankenstein.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 340
Puzzled, I checked my settings and pm is enabled, although I've not ever received any. You have my email address somewhere, we were discussing telescope shelters. BTW, I met with Randy this week and he does know your friend Bill.
Closer to topic, I have a 9 inch workshop lathe in RCAF blue, which I used to make some parts for the hornguy to mount a D175 on his lovely cast aluminum horn [talk about DIY!]. He's off to Oswald's Mill with it this weekend. Here's a photo.

Attachments

• ah.jpg
    ah.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 191
bz,

Look at the bottom of your post frame. It says [WWW]. If pm is enabled it would say .

Oh yeah, I 'member. Great memory just overloaded. :(

That is a fine looking aluminum conical horn. What was it originally a microwave antenna?

My Southbend is the big one with 16" swing and 36" bed. I have a 3 and 4 jaw chucks, steady rest and complete collett system but haven't ever used colletts.

I like turning good aluminum alloys. Easy to machine and polish oh so nicely. I just turned a pair of 400 Hz front horns in mine out of solid Black Walnut.

Attachments

• turning1.jpg
    turning1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 193
Since we're on about horns here, this is a picture of my just completed walnut 400 Hz front horns. The component being turned in the lathe picture of the previous post is the adapter ring that mounts a 4" driver to the throat at the back of the horn. It is the last step section seen in this photo (left horn) held on with 1/4-20 brass screws.

Attachments

• glamsml.jpg
    glamsml.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 191
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.