dayton loudspeakers: good or evil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you speak of the new RS series (pretty sure that's what you're talking about with the phase plug), they are considered an incredible value, competing with and as often as not beating drivers that cost double (or more).

Even their classic line of drivers is great value. Perhaps not the steal the RS series offers, but a good value regardless.

I have a couple designs in the works using these drivers.

C

Dome designs that utilize a single spider that allows the voice coil to rock in the gap and get out of control are a bad idea above the most minimal of piston travel. This is a reported problem in dome midrange drivers. I wonder if it is also an issue in this larger than normal Dayton tweeter dome. Maybe it gets worse when used with ferrofloyd.

IMO, Dayton drivers that I have experience with so far represent good performance value for the money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.