neo8/neo3 advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all
my first post to DIYAUDIO. i must start by saying this site is a godsend for all things audio. I dont know what i would do with all my time if i couldnt lurk in this site.

i bought a pair of neo8 and neo3 last year when partsexpress had them on sale. i figured it would be easy to design around this pair. stable/ easy to drive resistance, and a wide freq bandwidth for each driver.

still unsure as to the 700-1000khz and below point but it will prolly be dipole. and will be bi-tri amped with active crossover (maybe active/passive mix see below)

**WANTED** your opinions on the best way to implement the neo's

first what amp would you most prefer with these planars?
is gainclone ok for this (would be easy, prolly cheapest for me)

what about a class A amp? what have you used on yours?

only thing im not going for is tubes, would prolly be a killer setup, but i just dont want to mess with them right now.

crossover suggestions?

bi-or-tri amped isnt decided yet. i know midbass and woofers will be active xo, as all the processing will be needed (dipole rolloff, etc) but im sure with a little planning the neo8 to neo3 could be passive....and wouldnt need any xo trickery that would require the active xo. going passive would eliminate a set of amps ($$$) that cost could be applied to a higher quality of amp and crossover components for the neo's?

this is my winter/spring project and im still far behind on the planning end of it.......ill figure out the neo's role and then ill work on the midbass/woofer sections... boy its tough to decide.. i flip flop ideas every time i see a new post on here. dipole line arrays are looking nice this fall? hmmmm maybe 2 dayton rs 8's? im losing sleep over this.......

thanx for any help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.