I got free speakers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found these on garbage day:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Realistic/Optimus T-120? Don't have any idea how old or if they are any good as speakers. Cabinets are relatively heavy, but in kind of crappy shape. Wow were these things abused! I was thinking about doing something with them. The front baffle of both woofers are severely damaged, not even really resembling a hole anymore. I was going to try to cut out the crap and put in a thicker piece of plywood or something. Also, pretty much all of the drivers need replaced. I don't think these 12" woofers were the original woofers either, they don't fit right, which is probably why the baffle is so badly damaged (they smashed it to fit the bigger speaker). Any suggestings on what I should put in? I have no idea what the crossover points are, I guess I could take a look at the components to try to figure it out.

I just got free speakers in similar looks like yours:D . My neighbour gave them to me. Sanyo AD-5060s. Anyone know anything about these? 10" woofers, 4.5"? mids, 3"? tweets. All except one woofer are poked in in the middle, both woofers had half the surrounds missing, and once I turned them one, the rest of the foam blew out. They have pretty terrible bass (prettymuch none, lol, because of the missing surrounds.) The tweets/mids also have abit wear n tear.

The cabinets are in ok condition, with covers too, could really use some cleaning. Should I just take out the wiring and Tone adjustments and trash the rest, or can they be used for anything?

Also, the same person promised me 2 "big" working speakers, that he will give me today. Hopefully they are in better state.

RkC7,

Wow! Good score. I cannot imagine why someone would have thrown those out. They look almost as good as new Radio Shaft speakers! :D Don't let the others' razzing bother you....they are obviously jealous. ;)

I wouldn't go changing drivers though. That will mess with the sound. Right now all the drivers are pretty much well matched, and obviously broken in. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.