Need some help regarding these ports

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys, currently im build pair of bookshelf speakers using the vifa p17 woofer and vifa d25ag tweeter. I am using John Krutke's design off his website. The design uses a 38mm diameter port by 74 mm long, however i cant seem to find 38 mm dia ports. the only ports i can find are 35mm internal diameter at the opening but they taper off to 29 mm at the end, is there a way i can use these ports and still get the same tuning frequency as used in the original design? thanks

I only have limited experience on these but used WinISD software that was online somewhere and I believe the result was quite near what was simulated

But these tools are for ordinary ducts that have same area at full length and at beginning and end. I believe you can make rectangular duct, calculate the area and give the program a diameter that gives same area.

For one project I cut three tubes at slightly different lenght and took the one that sounded "best". Not very scientific method I quess

This was not an answer for your custom pipes, but maybe you can use the software and use some other dimension tube that is available for you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.