Peerless 850467 advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am new to diy and I have 2 850467.I was wondering if i use the 850467 in a closed box for my midrange would it work alright or do I have to use a vent for it.I intend to use peerless 850146 for my woofer and the peerless 810653 as my tweeter I intend to have the woofer in a closed box as well .Any opinions would be appreciated

The 850467 is designed to be used in a vented box for best bass performance but if you are crossing over to it from a CSX woofer at say 300Hz, a sealed box is fine IMO. You could have looked at the Peerless 850488 which might have been more suitable for a 3 way design.

Another option is to build a 2-way vented using the 850467 and 810653 and use the 850146 in a sub arrangement to fill the lower octaves. The sub can be in the same box (in it's own enclosure) and fire forward or sideways.

Doing a 3 way as a newbie is quite ambitious and not easy to get the crossover right that's why I suggested the 2-way + sub. Look around at other similar designs and have fun with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.