DREAM-77 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am a newcommer into the do it yourself industry, and before I realised I could make instead of buy I bought a set of DREAM-77 speakers (two fronts, rears and middle speakers) from the internet.

These speakers are quite good (to me), i run an old Marantz PM30 amplifier that makes scratching noises sometimes (because of old pots, that i wont bother changing as I will get a new amp).

Anyway these speakers seem to have very matched output (as in all drivers sens. similar/equal), the tweeters are material type domes. The midwoofers (two of them on the fronts) don't seem to do much but move, perhaps its just me. There is a side-firing driver also. The overall speaker is clear, but voices and instruments are reproduced poorly. These speakers are mainly good for digitalised music.

My dihlemma is that one of the tweeters on the fronts is making a weird buzzing noise. This noise only seems to come on piano songs, but does come out on different kinds of music. There is no way to take the speaker out to inspect it as it is all sealed in such a way that to open it would mean to break the whole enclosure.

I am wondering perhaps it may be the crossover that could be making the tweeter distort/clip/buzz/whatever, because the other speaker is working fine. I have tried swapping input at the amplifier, and changing the output also and the same speaker produces the same noise.

Thank you.

p.s. http://www.dreamacoustics.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.