buying from home & abroad ... your experiences?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking into sub amps, it occured to me that the best value high power amp might be a PA amp shipping from overseas. I'm looking to see if there is something that is better value than the Biema amp with 450w @ 4 ohms x 2 for AU $450 on special. That's about the cheapest I can get here.

Can anyone suggest some amps and suppliers overseas that I should consider? Keeping in mind I need the option of 240V for Australia.

- PA amps preferred with 2 channels and high power 450w minimum @ 4 ohms

Extending the scope of this thread, I'd also like to open the discussion to experiences of buying internationally. I'd like to hear comments from diyers who have found better value from shipping internationally.

What did it cost to ship and what would it have cost locally if you could have gotten it there?

Is it better to ship internationally even when you can get it from local suppliers?

Any horror stories? ... you bought it, it was a dud, you had to pay to have it shipped back?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.