diy drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Vikash: On The FEMM model on the last couple pages of your diary, is that a Neo magnet? Also what is the gap height? I'm futzing around with some motor designs for a set of 3.5" VC underhung motors.

-Casey WalshHey Vikash: On The FEMM model on the last couple pages of your diary, is that a Neo magnet? Also what is the gap height? I'm putzing around with some motor destgn for a set of 3.5" VC underhung motors.

-Casey Walsh

I dont remember the details of that particular design but it was probably a tiny gap; I was just learning FEMM at the time. The magnets are Neo and the material pure iron. If you look at the DIY Parthenon thread you will find many more interesting FEMM designs which you might adapt depedning on your application.

Now that I almost have the lathe going (spinning the wrong way the moment :xeye: ), I hope to get in to DIY transducers in a big way ;)

diy drivers

Vikash

I got a big kick out of the "bog roll" design. What a hoot!

Anyway, I thought that the machined parts looked great, and will probably work out well when you get the suspension worked out.

Naturally, perfecting the cone design will be a challenge.

Another effort that I found to be of interest. Perhaps you have seen it.

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/fildcoil/fildcoil.htm

Best of luck.

Tim

PS No mention on your site about the sound of your projects, with the exception of the amp comments. No measurements. How'd they work out?

wow guys.. nice links, dont looks so complicated :D

btw, will be great if i can start building it in my country, no good factory here...

too expensive to import drivers from outside...

someone know if need too much money to start building nice drivers? at least at 4ohms for cars

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.