JBL Hartsfield Plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Brett:

I surfed the net for days looking for the Hartsfield plans and found nothing, so I posted my note on DIYaudio. Naturally less then 10 minutes later I found the plans at:

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/plans/jbl-plans.htm

I downloaded the files and plotted the page with the materials listing full size. It's not bad and I guess I should not complain for something that is 42 years old. I would be interested to compare what you have with what I found. When you get some free time I would appreciate it if you would send me the one drawing with the materials listing. I will let you know how they compare.

Regards,
Steve R.
smrippe@attglobal.net or smripper@chartermi.net

Puggy:

I believe some of the information you need can be found at the following link:

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/profiles/jbl/hartsfield.htm

In 1964 JBL changed the Hartsfield to what is known as the "085" configuration. This changed the system from a 2-way to a 3-way speaker and included the following components:

D-150-4C bass driver
537-509 horn
375 midrange compression driver (driving the 537-509 horn)
075 tweeter
N400 (or N500H) cross-over
N7000 cross-over

Hope this helps.
Steve Ripper
smrippe@attglobal.net

Hartsfield Cabinets

Puggy:

More information. If your interested in purchasing a set of Hartsfield cabinets, there is a company just a few miles from my home that builds some of the finest cabinets that I have ever seen. They are expensive, but when you consider the time it takes to build a high quality cabinet of this complexity it may well be worth it.

Hartsfield in Walnut are $3,500 a pair
Hartsfield in Rosewood are $4,500 a pair

These are temporarily not available, but if you contact Classic Audio I am sure they can provide you with additional information.

CLASSIC AUDIO REPRODUCTIONS
5115 RED FOX DR.
BRIGHTON, MICHIGAN 48114 U.S.A.
PHONE: 810.229.5191
FAX: 810.229.5969
Email: grace@htdconnect.com
Email: grace@cac.net

Regards,
Steve Ripper
smrippe@attglobal.net

Brett:

I surfed the net for days looking for the Hartsfield plans and found nothing, so I posted my note on DIYaudio. Naturally less then 10 minutes later I found the plans at:

JBL PLANS

I downloaded the files and plotted the page with the materials listing full size. It's not bad and I guess I should not complain for something that is 42 years old. I would be interested to compare what you have with what I found. When you get some free time I would appreciate it if you would send me the one drawing with the materials listing. I will let you know how they compare.

Regards,
Steve R.
smrippe@attglobal.net or smripper@chartermi.net

Its too bad those are the crappy "085" configuration plans. The one to build is the original one.

Some information on the original can be found here--> HARTSFIELD

Attachments

• JBL_Hartsfield.jpg
    JBL_Hartsfield.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 741
the "085 version is the best sounding, the earlier version to which there are no official drawings is the most valuable.
while the classic audio version follows the JBL blueprints, several minor modifications had to be made so better sounding componants can be utilized.
I grew out of the JBL" sound" 30 yrs ago
jw5115

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.