Calling all gurus with simulators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there your brainy bunch lol

OK Im having a little bit of trouble with LSPcad and would appreciate it if any of you other people out there with simulators could use the measured zma and txt files that ive taken, and apply the supplied xover and see what you arrive at.

What it should look like is about a 2nd order LWR @ 2500 with full baffle step compensation. Atleast thats the prediction.

Many thanks Matt

ZMA and TXT files

Attachments

• data.gif
    data.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 309
I think ive found the problem as to where some of the problems ive been having have come from.

OK here goes, I had already used the provided network above in a speaker design in LSPcad which worked well. So I exported the SPL curve for the bass driver so I could use it as a target for zaphs network.

OK what happens is this. I export the bass drivers SPL (with filter) as a target. Then to check that its exported correctly import it back in as the target for the bass driver, in the same design. So theoretically they both should match perfectly. But they dont.

Here is what happens. The red line is the SPL for the driver with xover. The grey line is suppose to be the same as the red line. But for some reason the grey line is what LSPcad exported from the redline....:xeye:

I think this is why I can getting problems because this is not just limited to the export function but everything else.

Im asking all these questions because I have designed two pairs of loudspeakers, well three if you count my active set. But they all were highly accurate, the predicted simulated response matched the measured response once built.

However my last pair were completely off. COMPLETELY not just some small little error everything was a mess. The prediction and actual were way off. Somethings not quite right. Ill email ingemar now but if any of you have any ideas?:confused:

Attachments

• bass.gif
    bass.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 104
Im sure Ill get it figured out but its annoying to have this problem because it means the $500 I payed for it isnt working at the moment.

I simple reinstallation might solve it but ill wait and see Ingemar might have seen this before because its obviously an error somewhere in the programming which shouldnt occur, but for some reason has.

I think version 6 is out soon so Ill be able to update with that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.