Anyone get their Tangs... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2004, 12:16 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone get their Tangs...

from http://www.acoustic-technologies.ca/ ???

I e-mailed them twice with no response. I then called them and found out a young guy runs the show. He said he'd call me back with a price quote on a quantity order of the 871s including shipping. This was 2 weeks ago.

I e-mailed him again Monday and now, 4 days later, still no reply. Has anyone had success with this guy?

Thanks!
Old 16th October 2004, 12:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Never dealt with him. But, http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=264-812
has the TANG BAND W3-881S 3" SHIELDED NEODYMIUM DRIVER
for $16.04 quantities above 4.

But also contact:
Beverly
Special Order Rep
800.338.0531 xt.179
bevr@partsexpress.com
for maybe a better deal on big volume. She has been most helpful to me in the past getting parts that are not on their web pages.

Prosit
Old 16th October 2004, 01:30 AM   #3
Grahamt is offline Grahamt  Canada
diyAudio Member

Bob at CSS also sells the 871, you might wanna see if he has any.
www.creativesound.ca
Old 16th October 2004, 02:44 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I'm waiting for some drivers that I ordered from Acoustic Technologies. I was told that they would have to come out of Canada instead of California, then asked if I still wanted them. I thought that was an odd question because I assumed I wanted them because I ordered them. I didn't hear anything more until after I made two requests for an update. The second request for status was less polite than the first. I was informed at that point that the drivers had been backordered but were in now and on their way. I understand backorders but it's not good practice to keep your customers in the dark. I placed my order on September 24.
Old 16th October 2004, 05:05 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I liked Neura Acoustic better
Old 16th October 2004, 05:15 AM   #6
Danse is offline Danse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Maybe someone should advise TB of the service this distributor is providing to there customers?
Old 16th October 2004, 06:20 AM   #7
JoeBob is offline JoeBob  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'll have to agree with thomas997, I ordered from Nuera and never had any problems, everything went smoothly. Since it was sold or whatnot I've heard a few stories and after that I bought my 871s' from CSS. Call up CSS, I had a question on a product the other day and they were very helpful, I wouldn't see you waiting that long with them.
Old 16th October 2004, 05:26 PM   #8
rdf is offline rdf  Canada
diyAudio Member

Same here. When I bought my w4-657's the owner of Neura dropped them off at work on his way to pick up the kids, saving me the shipping. Can't ask for better service than that. Good experience with CSS too.

Didn't Speaker City, a Vancouver BC store, buy out Neura? Hope not, I've only has a couple dealings with them, the last over the phone with a sales rep who couldn't be bothered leaving the chair - "...I'm sure we have what you're looking for my friend, why don't you drop by and we'll take a look buddy ....." Not at all the same.
Old 16th October 2004, 07:08 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Danse
Maybe someone should advise TB of the service this distributor is providing to there customers?
Can you say "business opportunity"?
Old 16th October 2004, 07:38 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Thanks for this info guys. I'd been considering some 871's for pc speakers, and now I know where to get them.

BTW, am I the only one that snickers to himself every time I see 'Tang'? My mind is in the gutter I guess, LOL.

Hide this!Advertise here!