Celestion HF2000 replacement - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2004, 11:17 PM   #1
DrBill is offline DrBill  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Celestion HF2000 replacement

I need specs for the Celestion HF2000 "supertweeter" so I can replace one I blew. I searched the net already w. no luck. They are from a "Fulton" TL I built 25 yrs. ago from a Speakerbuilder (the defunct mag) design. Back issues of this would also help.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 12th October 2004, 09:04 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You might try "Coles Electro acoustics" in Google. They are an English firm who I understand bought the right to market the old STC 4001 super tweeter. Its been sold under the Coles name for nearly 30 yrs now. You may be aware that the 4001 is a 19 mm dome and was used quite a bit in UK designs from the 70's. They have a spec sheet on their site with sensitivity fq range etc. It is not a HF2000 but its similar. If you can get a KEF T27 they would probably do.
Old 12th October 2004, 09:12 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Did you email Celestion and ask if they have any? I've had extraordinarily good and helpful responses from them in the past.
If no luck there, set up an ebay search, and wait for one to show up.
Old 7th November 2004, 09:09 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb Spare Supertweeters

Hello,

With reference to your post, I have some spare Celestion HF2000 supertweeters as well as Coles 4001. If you are interested, please e-mail me, the supertweeters are the spares which I have stocked for my IMF MKIV as backup.
I also have a number of HF1300 tweeters available.
Old 30th November 2004, 07:59 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Spare Supertweeters

Re the Celestion tweeters you have. I'm interested in purchasing some HF2000's and HF1300's for my Spendor BC3's. If you'd like to sell any of them, please advise. Also, what is their condition e.g. new, used?

Thanks,

Will
Old 7th October 2005, 07:26 AM   #6
stevehs is offline stevehs  England
diyAudio Member

Hi If you still have any spare HF 2000 devices or even replacement diaphragms, I would be very interested.
Please do get in touch!
Old 23rd October 2006, 10:32 PM   #7
leloga is offline leloga  France
diyAudio Member

Default Search for ditton 66 HF and MF speaker

Hi

Actually i search to renew a pair of ditton 66.

There are some problem with the box, but there are problem with the tweeters and the medium to.

IS there someone who can help me to find HF 2000 tweeters ( or coles tweeter eq. ) or perhaps diaphragm to repair my HF 2000

I search one or two MD500

many thanks

Loc
Old 23rd October 2006, 10:35 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Try "Coles elctroacoustics" in Google. They are in England and do the Coles 4001 in two different impeadences. I'd be surprised if you get an original Celestion Mid driver. There`are some other 50mm(2") units around. Visatron have atleast two that might be worth looking at. Again try Google.
Loic there is another thread this year by an English guy who is looking for Celestion 2" domes. He said that a 2" Peerless one was okay too.
Old 1st November 2006, 11:10 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Celestion HF1300 replacements

I was offered a reasonable replacement.
(I can't stake my reputation for I haven't heard them).

The gentlemen said: "Thanks for your enquiry regarding the HF1300 unit in your Rogers Studio 1 speakers.
In the past we have used a Coles CE3000 as a replacement for this unit but unfortunately this too has now been discontinued. The unit that I would suggest using as a replacement would be a Fostex FE83E or Fostex FE103E, these units are full range but would operate well as a midrange/tweeter within your crossover."

If anyone reading this has HF1300's I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to buy them.
I would consider it a godsend for I am currently listening to MONO.
Old 11th March 2007, 12:09 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

leloga contact me regaurding your MD500 needs.

ToneDef2

Hide this!Advertise here!