Celestion HF2000 replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need specs for the Celestion HF2000 "supertweeter" so I can replace one I blew. I searched the net already w. no luck. They are from a "Fulton" TL I built 25 yrs. ago from a Speakerbuilder (the defunct mag) design. Back issues of this would also help.

Any suggestions? Thanks

You might try "Coles Electro acoustics" in Google. They are an English firm who I understand bought the right to market the old STC 4001 super tweeter. Its been sold under the Coles name for nearly 30 yrs now. You may be aware that the 4001 is a 19 mm dome and was used quite a bit in UK designs from the 70's. They have a spec sheet on their site with sensitivity fq range etc. It is not a HF2000 but its similar. If you can get a KEF T27 they would probably do.

Spare Supertweeters

Hello,

With reference to your post, I have some spare Celestion HF2000 supertweeters as well as Coles 4001. If you are interested, please e-mail me, the supertweeters are the spares which I have stocked for my IMF MKIV as backup.
I also have a number of HF1300 tweeters available.

Search for ditton 66 HF and MF speaker

Hi;)

Actually i search to renew a pair of ditton 66.

There are some problem with the box, but there are problem with the tweeters and the medium to.

IS there someone who can help me to find HF 2000 tweeters ( or coles tweeter eq. ) or perhaps diaphragm to repair my HF 2000

I search one or two MD500

many thanks

Loïc

Try "Coles elctroacoustics" in Google. They are in England and do the Coles 4001 in two different impeadences. I'd be surprised if you get an original Celestion Mid driver. There`are some other 50mm(2") units around. Visatron have atleast two that might be worth looking at. Again try Google.
Loic there is another thread this year by an English guy who is looking for Celestion 2" domes. He said that a 2" Peerless one was okay too.

Celestion HF1300 replacements

I was offered a reasonable replacement.
(I can't stake my reputation for I haven't heard them).

The gentlemen said: "Thanks for your enquiry regarding the HF1300 unit in your Rogers Studio 1 speakers.
In the past we have used a Coles CE3000 as a replacement for this unit but unfortunately this too has now been discontinued. The unit that I would suggest using as a replacement would be a Fostex FE83E or Fostex FE103E, these units are full range but would operate well as a midrange/tweeter within your crossover."

If anyone reading this has HF1300's I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to buy them.
I would consider it a godsend for I am currently listening to MONO.

Replacement tweeters for Celestion Studio 66 Monitors

I have a pai of Celestion Studio 66 Monitors for which I need a replacement pair of tweeters. The original HF2000's have been replaced by a cheap pair of 'Realistic' pair of tweeters which sound absolutely terrible. Is there anybody with a positive experience of replacing the HF2000's. Including any possible tweaks to the crossovers etc. I really love these speakers and only want to have them sounding as good as possible. The midrange and woofers are the originals and in good working order. I have read many articles on the web which do provide conflicting information.:confused:

Attachments

• Celestion_Ditton_66.JPG
    Celestion_Ditton_66.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Celestion_Ditton_66_XO.JPG
    Celestion_Ditton_66_XO.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 341
Replacement diaphragm tweeter Celestion HF2000 - BEOVOX 5700 - GALE 401 - IMFTLS

HF2000 CELESTION DITTON
HF2003 Type T3399

Did you know that 95% of tweeters do not work because of a blown diaphragm. Relive your tweeters Hf2000. The diameter and depth of this coil has the same characteristics as the original. The HF2000 tweeter team mainly Celestion Ditton 66 Studio Monitor but also the Ditton 25, 44 monitor Ditton Ditton 15 Ditton 10. The HF2000 tweeters are present in several models of speakers, so they are perfect on Bang Olufsen of 5700, GALE 401 MFIs TLS80.

New HF2000 DITTON 66 STUDIO MONITOR
Presse-papiers-1.jpg

http://voicecoil.free.fr/images/Presse-papiers-2.jpg
P1030914.JPG

HF2000, Diaphragme eBay Boutiques | CELESTION DITTON

HF2000 replacement

I have one good and one repaired HF2000 for cost of shipping. I used the Fountek NeoX 1.0 as replacements and 3D printed a new mounting flange. Before and after frequency response graph attached. The Fountek graph is in purple. The cabinet hole needed to be enlarged in the North/South directions to clear the new tweeter. I can send the 3D Solidworks model for the flange if interested. Connecting in opposite phase from the HF2000 gave the best response according to measurements.

Attachments

• HF2000-blue_vs_NeoX 1-0.jpg
    HF2000-blue_vs_NeoX 1-0.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Celestion 66 Tweeter.jpg
    Celestion 66 Tweeter.jpg
    897.7 KB · Views: 195
I have one good and one repaired HF2000 for cost of shipping. I used the Fountek NeoX 1.0 as replacements and 3D printed a new mounting flange.

wow, Can you desribe sonic differences between hf2000 and fountek in those dittons 66?

I personaly tried EMIT K from infinity , Hiquphon OWI (OW1), and Seas 19TFF1, and being honnest none of them performed as good as oryginal.

Can you also share your xover for fiuntek in those dittons?

Best Regards

I've had the chance to live with the Founteks for awhile and am pleased overall. When I first listened after changing out the HF2000s, the difference between the smooth, forgiving reproduction of a domed tweeter to the more aggressive attack from the Fountek ribbon was obvious. I also noticed an improved sound-stage that didn't depend on a narrow selection of seating positions. I am using the factory crossover design and component values and got lucky as to how well the output levels matched between the midrange and new tweeter. I have however, remade the PCB to separate the woofer for bi-amp configuration and to replace the factory telephone wire and slip-on connections (seen in another post). Thanks for the interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.