Visaton KE25 ceramic tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using a pair of the KE25SC in my current speakers.
Their price isn't too high, because you really get quality for the money.
Their sound ist "warm" (that's not meant in negative ways), they sound really great...
Perhaps a good and even cheaper alternative could be found by using the G25HE instead, but they are very critical, if you don't have a real opinion for the xover...
The G25HE sounds a little bit "harder" too...

If you plan to use the KE's, please remember my words:
Don't try to use the KE's without the diffusor grille, because this grille is very necessary for the correct sound.

The Seas Excel millenium is a very well made tweeter and blends in well with the ATC super dome as does the Scanspeak Revelator 990000 and 9700, it really does just depend on what you like from the top end.

I can recommend Kef NT25 or 25NT I am not sure which? hard to get but the sound is seemless with the super dome.

BlackCatSound said:
Has anyone seen/used/heard the Visaton ceramic tweeter? There is very little info out there about this driver.

I just built a 2-way with the KE25SC and some Scanspeak midwoofers and my opinion on the tweeters is more or less the same as that of other listeners:

The frequency response is linear and the waterfall diagram shows no ringing for the entire spectrum. This is exactly what I hear. No extra noises or distortions and no amplitude peaking. Easily the best tweeters I've ever heard in my life, although I would like to have a go at either Expolinear/RAAL/TAD, none of which I have been able to test so far.

I've crossed them over at 1.5kHz with a 2nd order filter, and they don't seem to mind (Visaton recommends 2kHz...).

I've got them in visaton round waveguides paired with usher 8935a. Crossed at 1,8kHz 2nd order. They have much detail in signature and are also musical. I've paid about 115euro/piece new. For this price they are nice tweeters. I pick visaton because boxsim usability. Other way I think I would pick something else

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.