Apex Jr. Super 8 Dipole

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone built a dipole sub using the Apex Jr. Super 8s?

The price is right and the driver specs look pretty good for a dipole alignment. I'm thinking of building a 'W' dipole sub using these. I wouldn't expect 'killer' bass but from what I can find about the Super 8 it seems like they might sound pretty good.

Anyone built an 8" dipole sub or have an opinion?

Thanks -
Bruce

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: how low will it goes?

_henry_ said:
are u gonna mate them with ur jordans?

is this driver gonna be good for TLs?

Of the 6 on their way or here 4 will be mated with Jordan + AC G2si and the other pr with Fostex FE108eSigma

The Q is about right for a TL, after my 1st pass (a while ago) thru Martin's tables the Vas might be a bit small.

Still a TL of some sort is what i'm aiming at.

dave

_henry_,

I have a pair of Supravox 215 Signature Bicones on the way I'm planning on putting in an OB. I'm looking for a good pair of 8" - 10" woofers for a dipole sub.

My listening room isn't real big 12' x 15' so I don't need really big woofers. I would also be using this with the Jordans too.

Bruce

the fs is pretty high for a sub, but then again dave, u're going for TLs that probably can make them go lower, aren't u?

for $70 a pair is very helping overall budget for a good system, or semi dave's frugal-tm system ;)

little bit off topic, u're using g2si with jordans? i thought u said they don't match them ? and i remember in my thread that u're suggesting horn tweeter will do the job better? or am i mistaken? :confused:

apbea,
how about those supravox against jordans? any comments?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
_henry_ said:
the fs is pretty high for a sub, but then again dave, u're going for TLs that probably can make them go lower, aren't u?

We aren't really going for subs, but woofers. With room lift (people often forgrt about this), these should still have useable output to 30 Hz. And both rooms have a fair amount of lift.

little bit off topic, u're using g2si with jordans? i thought u said they don't match them ? and i remember in my thread that u're suggesting horn tweeter will do the job better? or am i mistaken? :confused:

If you are running the FR all the way up with no roll-off a good horn can better match the dispersion, if you are actually rolling the FR out then the ribbon should be fine.

This will be a 3-way active system. I haven't actually even seen a JX92 yet so it is all speculation on my part.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.