box size help for $.49 PE specieals needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, like meny of you I bought a bunch of those $.49 4" pioneer speakers PE is selling. I am trying to come up with a ported bookshelf box for these using four of them {two on either side of the tweeter}. I am using WIN ISD and not having much luck. One or some of the TS parameters is making the box and port sizes all messed up using Win ISD. I would like it to be 6"w/24"h by say 10' to 12' deep. But what port size and length for say a 50 or 60hz box resonance? I see others have made ported boxes for these drivers but the size of thier ports differ greatly. Thanks in advance. Jimbo

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
You can really increase your chances of somebody helping you if you:

A) Post the Thiele-Small parameters;

or

B) Post a link to the special so we can see the Thiele-Small parameters listed.

Don't ask people to go to unnecessary effort if they want to help you.

No Stinking Badges

I saw a page devoted to these drivers which shows a number of small enclosures like surround speakers made using them. It was called "No stinking badges" or NSB. I thought it was on Parts Express' website but was not able to find it again. Perhaps some of that might be of help to the Mighty J if anyone knows of it and could post the link here?

Re: No Stinking Badges

rcavictim said:
I saw a page devoted to these drivers which shows a number of small enclosures like surround speakers made using them. It was called "No stinking badges" or NSB. I thought it was on Parts Express' website but was not able to find it again. Perhaps some of that might be of help to the Mighty J if anyone knows of it and could post the link here?

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/nsb/nsb2.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.