Logitech Z-5300 satellite driver - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd September 2004, 01:07 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Logitech Z-5300 satellite driver

Just received my Z-5300's from Logitech to replace the Z-560's that went out on me. However, the driver in the left rear speaker has a defect. Whenever a reasonable amount of bass is sent through the speaker there is an audible rattle as the cone rubs up against the extruded aluminum phase plug. I've already been in contact with Logitech and they want me to send the control pod in (again) and they will send me another entire new set. They do not carry single replacement speakers. I can't believe it. What a waste of money for both myself and them. At any rate, I was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy just a new driver. Even if the cost is a bit more than the mailing fee for me to send the pod in at least I'd be able to use the speakers in the mean time. Ideas? Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2004, 12:45 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The Logitech website lists the driver as a 2.5" driver...looks like it might be the W3-594S, which is a 3" Tang Band driver...there ~$16 at PartsExpress (follow the above listed link).

You will probably want to open up your speaker first and verify that it is infact that driver...especially the frame (No good if it wont mount to the existing enclosure).

Its hard to tell by the pictures of the Z-5300, but I can tell you that those W3-594's are fairly deep due to the sheilding on the back.

Hope that points you in the right direction, if you post a picture of the exposed driver we might be able to help further.
Old 22nd September 2004, 10:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sorry, can't provide a pic b/c my wife broke the digital camera. However, I can tell you that there is a lot of resemblance between the actual driver and what you linked to. The two immediate differences are the speaker wire terminals point off to the sides rather than down (no biggie). However, the frames on the drivers in the 5300's are square with perfectly straight sides.

Interresting enough, the back of the driver shield is printed with "Logitech 170001-0000" at the top and "China" at the bottom. I know that's not much help if any.

Appreciate the help at any rate, but I'm thinking of just sending the pod back in again for $6. The more I think about it, what's wrong with having some spare parts?

Anyone know how to use these without the pod? Or fab a low tech one together so I can use them in some other way?
Old 10th September 2005, 06:21 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to xxnovakxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxnovakxx
Hello, I am having the same problem with my speaker. Were you able to fix yours with the replacement part??

Hide this!Advertise here!