Simple Downloadable SPL Meter Using Computer Mic? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2002, 01:18 PM   #1
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Default Simple Downloadable SPL Meter Using Computer Mic?

Does anyone have a URL for an easy, simple-to download program that will show the relative output of a micriphone plugged into your sound card?

I am working with a novice who is putting Audax woofers into an AR 18bx cabinet. He wants to use the old tweeters. I already have an easy to download tone gernerator program.

All that is required is for him to connect his stereo amp to his sound card, run the test tones from the tone generator, put a computer mic against the tweeter and see the mic's output on the monitor. We suspect the tweeter's crossover point is 2,000 Hz, but we are not sure.

He has no measuring equipment, not even a multimeter. So we just want an easy way to check the tweeter's crossover point.

I downloaded Speaker Workshop, which everyone raves about, but this setup seems a little complex.

I am just looking for a simple program that will display the relative decibel output of a microphone plugged into the sound card.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 18th June 2002, 04:02 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Try www.wssh.net/~wattsup/audio/
Old 19th June 2002, 12:15 AM   #3
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

LOL, that URL has been on my list of Favorites for over a year! I should have looked there first.

I haven't checked through the site completely this time yet, but I did notice a program that helps you find missing driver parameters listed there. Thought you would like to know, even though MCM Emailed you the Le spec for that 4 inch you were looking at.

Hide this!Advertise here!