Simple Downloadable SPL Meter Using Computer Mic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Does anyone have a URL for an easy, simple-to download program that will show the relative output of a micriphone plugged into your sound card?

I am working with a novice who is putting Audax woofers into an AR 18bx cabinet. He wants to use the old tweeters. I already have an easy to download tone gernerator program.

All that is required is for him to connect his stereo amp to his sound card, run the test tones from the tone generator, put a computer mic against the tweeter and see the mic's output on the monitor. We suspect the tweeter's crossover point is 2,000 Hz, but we are not sure.

He has no measuring equipment, not even a multimeter. So we just want an easy way to check the tweeter's crossover point.

I downloaded Speaker Workshop, which everyone raves about, but this setup seems a little complex.

I am just looking for a simple program that will display the relative decibel output of a microphone plugged into the sound card.

Any help will be appreciated.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
LOL, that URL has been on my list of Favorites for over a year! I should have looked there first.

I haven't checked through the site completely this time yet, but I did notice a program that helps you find missing driver parameters listed there. Thought you would like to know, even though MCM Emailed you the Le spec for that 4 inch you were looking at.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.