Vifa PL11 in small floorstanding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello group,

I’m considering designing a ”semi low-budget” small floor standing loudspeaker (aprox. 90x16x20 cm (hxwxd)) for in my office. So work will be a little more enjoyable :)

The units I'm considering to use are:
Bass/mid: Vifa PL11WG09-08
Tweeter: Vifa XT25TG 30-04

Internal volume around 7 liters, port 4.5 cm length 7-12 cm and crossover at 3kHz

Is there anybody who has worked with one or more of these units, or has any experience with the combination?
Any suggestions about other speakers of the same size are welcome as well.

Thanks!

I have used the larger PL18 drivers in a design with good success.
The PL11, if you only use one, will only require a very small box as you mention of 7 litres. Is there any reason for using a floorstanding design? Also, if bass isn't a large concern, perhaps a sealed system using a small morel driver or similar may be worth a look.

The reason for a floorstanding design is that I skip making stands as well. The botom part of the speaker I will fill up sand so the speaker will stand a litle more stable.
I do not have a design ready yet, I have just been thinking a litle.
We probably all have those moments that we think: wouldn't it be cool to ...... and then you search a litle on the web and start up lspcad and trying some things and then you get a litle more excited. And well, that's where I am now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.